What is fILL ?
fILL is part of the Manitoba Provincial Library Network (Interlibrary-loan requesting system). The Bibliothèque Taché Library works in cooperation withother libraries through out Canada to give our patrons access to books that are not in our collection. If a patron requests a book that is not in our collection, they may fill out a request and our staff will attempt to locate the book in another library and send a request on your behalf. Patrons with internet access may search the online database themselves (after setting up a user ID online) and place requests with a click of a button. (Membership is still necessary for this service. Delivery and shipment are handled by library staff.)
The postal rates that apply to the shipment of books between libraries are currently very low thanks to the Library Book Rate. This discount allows the library to provide the service to our patrons free of charge.
To begin personally searching for books through ILL: https://fill.sitka.bclibraries.ca/cgi-bin/public.cgi
Step-by-step how to log in to fILL: https://fill.sitka.bclibraries.ca/Patrons%20-%20Searching%20tutorial.pdf
The Interlibrary Loan service from Bibliothèque Taché Library is available to anyone with a valid Bibliothèque Taché Public Library card.
Borrowers who frequently return items overdue or fail to follow requirements (including not paying fines, failure to pick up, or not paying replacement/damage costs) may incur the suspension of Interlibrary Loan (ILL) privileges.
Bibliothèque Taché Library loans materials to other libraries, however, priority goes to Bibliothèque Taché Library card holders first. New, special and high demand items may not be eligible for Interlibrary Loan; decisions about these materials are left to the discretion of the Librarian and/or ILL supervisor.
The Librarian and/or ILL supervisor have the authority to suspend or reinstate privileges.
Borrowers have the following options to place ILL requests:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (204)878-9488
- Self-selection through province-wide resources at fILL https://fill.sitka.bclibraries.ca/.
Requests from Bibliothèque Taché Library card holders:
The following materials are available to request through Interlibrary Loan:
- Books from other lending libraries in Manitoba.
- Articles from Magazines and Journals (in compliance with Copyright Law)
- Audio/Visual materials including: DVDs, audiobooks, CDs, etc.
The following materials are NOT available to request through Interlibrary Loan:
- Books published within 1 year
- Magazines and Journals
- Items the Bibliothèque Taché Library owns in the local collection
- Rare, fragile, or local histories items
- Reference materials i.e. Dictionaries, Thesaurus, Encyclopaedias, etc.
Notification of Delivery/Request
- Patrons will be notified by phone that their item has been received.
- Libraries will be notified through fILL within 72 hours of the request. No follow-up needed.
Use of Materials:
Borrowers can have a maximum of 3 active requests at one time.
Loan periods and renewal of materials borrowed through Interlibrary Loan will depend on the lending library’s loan policies. If an extension of a loan is anticipated, borrowers should contact their local library 3 business days before the due date.
Items received from a loaning library are to be picked up by the borrower within 3 business days of notification of the items arrival.
Parents/guardians are responsible for monitoring their children’s reading content and condition of materials.
Fines and Fees:
Borrowers are responsible for fines accumulated from late pick up, late return, and damaged or lost items. Fines for late returns and damaged or lost items will reflect the loan policies of the lending library and may vary from the fines set at Bibliothèque Taché Library.
Once a patron has failed to pick up an interlibrary loaned book on time, (after 3 times), the patron’s privileges will be withdrawn, Bibliothèque Taché Library will no longer borrow materials from other libraries.
Bibliothèque Taché Library does not charge for Interlibrary Loans of materials. However, charges levied by the lending library will have to be covered by the borrower. Charges for ILL materials must be paid for when picking up the item.
Any library with outstanding charges may have its interlibrary loan privileges suspended.
- The interlibrary loans must be picked up 3 business days after the telephone call
- If book(s) are not picked up within the 3 business day notice then the book(s) will be returned to the loaning library.
- If book(s) are not returned on the due date a late fee of $2.00 per day will be charged. If there are any outstanding fees from overdue interlibrary loaned books, library privileges will be revoked until fees are paid off.
- Once a patron has failed to pick up an interlibrary loaned book on time, (after 3 times), the patron’s privileges will be withdrawn. Bibliothèque Taché Library will no longer borrow library materials from other libraries.