15 – 20 HOURS WEEKLY
Bibliothèque Taché Library situated in the Collège Lorette Collegiate building is seeking employment for a student in the position of assistant librarian.
This is a 15- 20 hours weekly half-time permanent position.
Hours are: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thurs. 4:00 p.m.– 9:00 p.m.
Saturday – 9:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. (alternate with another
Summer Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
9:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Saturday – 9:30 – 2:30 (Alternate with another
- Customer service
- Shelf reading
- Accompany the librarian on visits to Ste, Geneviève, MB
- Other tasks assigned by the librarian or board member
- Must be 16 years
- Must have computer knowledge
- Be in good physical condition – some light lifting
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Ability to communicate in both official languages is required
Please submit resumé, cover letter and 2 references on or before Saturday, June 8,
to Bibliothèque Taché Library
c/o Catherine Gagnon, librarian
1082 Dawson Rd., Lorette, MB R5K 0S8
Deliver in person during library hours (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 4:00 – 9:00
p.m. or Saturday 9:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.) Email: email@example.com
Thank-you for your interest in this position but only selected applicants will be
Job Description – BTL Library Assistant
- Promote the library in the community
- Putting books away in their designated area
- Circulation of books (checking in and out)
- Customer Service
- Reading books aloud to children for Story Time
- Calling patrons when they have overdue books
- Calling patrons when reserves or interlibrary loans come in for them
- Help plan and execute library activities
- General clean up duties
- Shelf reading (ensuring books are in their proper locations)
- Helping the librarian change the outdoor sign
- Assist clients in finding materials for research and for personal reading
- Preparing different blocks of books for transportation
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Head Librarian or Board Member
- The Assistant Librarian has no Criminal Record – Original criminal check from the R.C.M.P., must be submitted.
- The Assistant Librarian is not listed with the Child Abuse Registry. The Assistant
Librarian must submit an original copy of a Child Abuse Check from Manitoba
Families prior to date of entry.
- The Assistant Librarian has or will obtain First Aid and CPR Responder
Certificates before the end of the 6 months probation period